This picnic cuisine crowd pleaser is just perfect for lunch. It packs extremely well and can be whipped up in a snap. Carry these lettuce cups with you to the park, pool or on the road this summer.
I hear you. It’s 90+ degrees outside, you’re hungry and the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven get all fancy in the kitchen. These chickpea salad lettuce cups meet all of the requirements for summertime fare, not to mention that they’re fast, easy and filling.
Tender, smashed chickpeas come together with a simple dressing of mayo, mustard, lemon and dill. Fresh, crunchy celery, pickles and red onion mingle with sweet red grapes and pecans in this fiber-rich, no cook salad. Butter lettuce provides a cool, crisp way to wrap things together. Tucked away into a basket or bag for easy summertime toting, these chickpea salad lettuce cups can be assembled on location.
Refreshing + delicious
Fast! Whip it up in less than 20 minutes.
Healthy + portable
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 kosher pickles, diced
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced lengthwise
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp Just Mayo
- 3 tsp freshly chopped dill
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce, cleaned and rinsed
- cherry tomatoes (optional garnish)
- In a large bowl, smash the chickpeas with a potato masher or a fork.
- Add in the celery, red onion, pickles, grapes and pecans until well combined.
- Add the dill and fold in the mayo, lemon juice and dijon mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the chickpea salad into lettuce cups and garnish with fresh cherry tomatoes as desired.