These one-batch wonder chocolate cherry almond granola bars are quick, easy, nutritious and portable. Whether you’re an on-the-move breakfast lover or a mid-day pick-me-up snacker, these bars are sure to satisfy!
The summer season is upon us, friends! And that means snacking on the go-go-go! You never know when hunger will strike, so be sure to pack a few of these delicious, chocolate cherry almond granola bars in your bag. Did I mention that these granola bars are gluten-free, vegan and no-bake? Made with a healthy dose of almond butter, dried cherries, almonds, flax seed, oats, brown rice crisps, mini-chocolate chips, (and more!) there’s no way you can go wrong.
Are you a crunchy or chewy granola bar lover? Regardless of your preference, these chocolate cherry almond granola bars hit the spot. They’re chewy yet have a bit of a crunch from protein-packed almonds, pumpkin seeds and brown rice crisps. They also taste quite decadent thanks to mini-chocolate chips and the natural sweetness of dried cherries.
These granola bars come together in a snap, which is essential when sunny skies, poolside lounging and beach days call our name. A bit of almond extract, cinnamon and almond butter swirled together with brown rice syrup, binds these flavor-packed bars together.
These one-batch wonder chocolate cherry almond granola bars are quick, easy, nutritious and portable. Best of all, chocolate, cherries and almonds are ingredients that were just meant to be together. Which means, these bars are irresistibly delicious.
Looking for more on-the-go snacks? Check out this recipe here!
- 1½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1½ cup brown rice crisps (I used this brand)
- ⅓ cup flax meal
- ½ cup roughly chopped almonds
- ⅓ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (plus 2 tbsp for topping; I used this brand)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- 1 cup almond butter
- ¾ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper (with enough overhang on the sides to remove the bars from the dish). Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine oats, brown rice crisps, flax meal, almonds, pepitas, dried cherries, ½ cup mini chocolate chips and hemp hearts. Set aside.
- Add almond butter, brown rice syrup, olive oil and cinnamon to a small saucepan. Heat on low, stirring frequently until the mixture is smooth and melted. Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the oat/brown rice crisps mixture and mix to combine.
- Using the back of a rubber spatula (or your fingers) press the mixture firmly into the parchment-lined baking dish in an even layer. (Tip, add a little bit of olive oil to the spatula to make smoothing/pressing the mixture easier.)
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of mini-chocolate chips over the top.
- Place chocolate cherry almond granola bars in the refrigerator and let set for at least 30 minutes, but preferably 1-hour.
- Remove the bars from the baking dish using the parchment overhang. Cut the granola mixture into bars and enjoy! (Wrap each bar in parchment if traveling on the go!)
- Bars can be stored in a cool, dark place for up to 2 weeks.