Waking up in the morning is hard. Breakfast shouldn’t be.
Luscious, ripe Black Mission figs, coconut milk yogurt, and lavender-infused chia seed pudding get all layered up in these super lux Lavender Chia Parfaits. Pampering yourself in the morning has never been easier! Not to mention well-deserved and a lot more restorative since these breakfast parfaits can be made the night before.
Breakfast just got 100% stress-free.
Open up your fridge. Grab a spoon, sprinkle a little granola and fruit on top and allow yourself to be whisked away to breakfast bliss. What is it about lavender that makes everything right with the world? Perhaps it’s because the botanical name for lavender (lavendula) stems from the Latin word ‘lavare’ meaning ‘to wash.’ Leave the stress of yesterday behind (that’s old hat anyhow) and dip your spoon into creamy, lavender loveliness.
Barely sweetened almond milk gets a hint of floral essence with a sprinkle of edible lavender buds. Whirled away and strained, lavender infused almond milk takes chia seed pudding to a creamy, lightly decadent place. Layered with dairy-free coconut milk yogurt and honey-like sweet figs, these lavender chia parfaits bring grounded calmness to daybreak, encouraging peace amidst any harried morning.
Best of all, these pretty beauties are centering as they are nourishing. Building upon creamy layers of lavender-infused chia seed pudding, chia seeds provide an incredible source of soluble fiber, protein, iron, calcium and alpha-linolenic acid (an omega-3 essential fatty acid). Chia seeds are also hydrophilic (water loving) and because of this, can soak up to 9-10 times their weight in water. All this to say, satiated energy is just a few spoonfuls away!
Setting the tone for the rest of the day is easy with these lavender chia parfaits. They bring your body into balance, provide sustained energy and offer a quiet and delicious respite to an otherwise busy day. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite self-care rituals because, at the core, these lavender chia parfaits make my body feel loved, honored and cared for! I hope they do the same for you!
Looking for more recipes that inspire self-care? Take a peek at this recipe for vegan lavender ice cream!
As always, I would love to hear from you. What’s your favorite way to take care of yourself in the morning? Let me know!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 tsp dried lavender (culinary grade)
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups of coconut milk yogurt (or another dairy-free yogurt of your choice)
- 4 Black Mission figs
- granola, store-bought or homemade
- Frozen berries, other fruit, mint and lavender sprigs to top!
- In a high-speed blender combine almond milk, dates and dried lavender. Whirl away for about 1 minute. Using a fine mesh strainer (or nut milk bag), strain the dates and lavender buds from the almond milk. You will be left with a creamy lavender-almond milk free of residue.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the chia seeds. Pour the lavender-almond milk over the top and stir well to combine. Cover chia seed pudding with a clean kitchen towel and set aside for 15 minutes (but be sure to stir every 5 minutes or so to avoid clumping).
- Prepare the figs. Remove stems and cut a few fig slices (no need to peel the skins; they are edible). Divide the slices and evenly press them against two mason jars or glasses using the back of a spoon or your fingers.
- Layer spoonfuls of the lavender chia seed pudding on the bottom of each glass. Then add a layer of the coconut milk yogurt to each glass. Alternate, adding a few more spoonfuls of chia seed pudding followed by coconut milk yogurt until you reach the top. (There’s no right way to layer! Have fun and layer as you wish!)
- Refrigerate parfaits overnight.
- In the morning, top each parfait with granola, frozen berries (or other fruit as desired), mint and/or lavender sprigs.