Better than store-bought, these easy + healthy sweet treats are just a freezer and 5 ingredients away!
Summer has come early in Seattle this year and I’ve been on a major popsicle kick.
Delicious, frozen and sweet, these 5 ingredient popsicles are:
⤖ loaded with heart-healthy, juicy mango (high in vitamins C and A, dietary fiber and antioxidants)
⤖ balanced with refreshing and hydrating coconut water (high in potassium and other electrolytes)
⤖ splashed with freshly squeeze lime juice (citrus that boasts antioxidant, antibiotic, anti-carcinogenic and detoxifying properties)
⤖ sprinkled with mighty chia seeds (an amazing source of soluble fiber, protein, antioxidants and alpha-linolenic acid)
⤖ spiced with a pinch of cayenne pepper (anti-cold and flu-agent; also a great digestive aid)
- 2 mangos (chopped, about 3 cups)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 and ⅓ cup coconut water (about 10 ounces)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Add mango, coconut water and lime juice to a blender and puree until smooth and well blended.
- Add in chia seeds and cayenne pepper (stir well).
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours (or until well frozen).
- Remove popsicles from molds and enjoy!