Freshen up your morning ritual with this beautiful, bright matcha green smoothie bowl!
Do you have a morning ritual? Something that strengthens your day and provides comfort first thing? While I do love a good cup of coffee with a bit of almond milk and cardamom swirled in, I often find myself turning to tea. Specifically, this matcha green smoothie bowl made with buzz-boosting matcha green tea powder, sweet banana, creamy avocado, nutrient-rich spinach, maple syrup and almond milk.
This matcha green smoothie bowl is a morning game-changer. It’s packed with healthy fats, fiber, vitamin C, and potassium. And did I mention that matcha is loaded with vibrant chlorophyll, which touts wound healing and detoxification properties? Matcha’s also rich in L-theanine, an amino acid which promotes calm, focused alertness. Something we could all use in the morning!
In case you haven’t tried it, matcha is a delicate, slightly sweet green tea. It tastes amazing paired with a little extra smoothie sweetness. Blended up with your dose of morning greens (spinach or kale), sweetened with banana and a bit of maple syrup, and balanced out with almond milk and a splash or two of lime juice, this 5-minute smoothie bowl gives the term “morning ritual” new whole new meaning.
It’s also a fun way to truly savor your smoothie in the morning. As Gandhi says, “there is more to life than increasing its speed.” While blending up this matcha green smoothie bowl takes no time at all, savoring your breakfast allows for a bit of space and slowness to your morning ritual. Enjoy your matcha green smoothie bowl with a spoon and all your favorite toppings.
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup spinach or kale, frozen
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder (or more depending on your taste and morning jolt requirements!)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, adjust to sweetness (for a lower sugar option, use stevia extract adjusted to your liking)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup almond milk
- sliced banana
- goji berries
- fresh or frozen blackberries
- hemp hearts
- sliced green apple
- Place all smoothie bowl ingredients in a high-speed food processor or blender. Blend the smoothie until thick and creamy.
- Adjust maple syrup and matcha amounts as desired.
- Divide smoothie between two bowls. Add your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
Other topping ideas: shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, fresh berries of any kind, mango, etc.