Toast mom this Mother’s Day with these pretty paloma floats! Perfectly refreshing, sweet-tart and finished off with creamy, dreamy vanilla bean ice cream, they’re the perfect way to keep Mother’s Day fizzy and fabulous!
Mother’s Day is almost here! Tell the mamas in your life just how amazing they are with these pretty paloma floats. Made with grapefruit juice, a splash of lime, tequila, agave simple syrup, pamplemousse La Croix and coconut milk-based ice cream, these floats are perfect for your Mother’s Day brunch.
Pretty in pink, these paloma floats basically guarantee Mother’s Day success. Arguably more beloved than a margarita, traditional palomas feature grapefruit or club soda. Swapping out the soda for my favorite fizzy, fruit-infused water (La Croix), is a delicious and low-calorie way elevate these cocktails.
Pretty paloma floats are a sweet compliment to your Mother’s Day table. They’re the perfect, simple indulgence. Because there’s nothing better on Mother’s Day than treating your mama (and yourself) to an ice cold cocktail fizzed over a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Looking for more brunch ideas? Check out this recipe for the perfect gluten-free scones!
- ½ oz. agave nectar
- ½ oz. hot water
- ½ lime, squeezed
- 2 oz. tequila blanco
- 3 oz. grapefruit juice
- splash of pamplemousse (grapefruit) La Croix (to top)
- 1 scoop of coconut milk-based, vanilla bean ice cream
- mint sprigs, for garnish, optional
- organic cane sugar + lime wedge (for sugared rim)
- Make the agave simple syrup. In a small bowl, combine hot water and agave nectar. Stir well and set aside.
- If you'd like a sugar rim, run a lime wedge across the top of your glass. Place cane sugar in a wide, shallow bowl (a saucer or plate will work too) and gently turn the glass upsidedown, dipping the glass in sugar.
- Using a cocktail shaker, combine agave simple syrup, lime juice, grapefruit juice and tequila. Shake well.
- Add 1 scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to your cocktail glass.
- Pour in the grapefruit/tequila mixture. Add a splash of grapefruit La Croix to top off, and garnish with mint as desired.