Summertime bliss! Creamy banana-tahini popsicles meet decadent dark chocolate, flaky sea salt and nutty pistachios in these magical sweet treats.
Sweet and creamy. Chocolatey and dreamy. That’s what these salted chocolate dipped banana tahini popsicles are all about. Well that and the fact that when temperatures soar, popsicles almost always seems to save the day. Pop ’em in the freezer in the morning and these creamy pops will be ready in time for a refreshing afternoon pick-me-up.
These chocolate dipped wonders will make you melt. They’re easy to make, require just a few ingredients and best of all, limited time in the kitchen. They’re not overly sweet because they’re lightly sweetened with wholesome ingredients like bananas, dates and a touch of maple syrup.
And then there’s the rich dark chocolate that creates the magical, chocolatey shell of which flaky sea salt and pistachios adorn. This is the stuff healthy-ish dessert dreams are made of! Nuff said.
These salted chocolate dipped banana tahini popsicles can be made with ease. Just blend up bananas, tahini, dates, coconut milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla extract until creamy. Pour into popsicle molds (or even paper cups). Stick a popsicle stick in the middle and freeze for a couple of hours. Voila! Your pops are almost ready to go! But let’s not forget about the chocolate….
Rich dark chocolate to be precise. Because, c’mon, chocolate makes everything better! Especially when paired with tahini. Have you tried it before? Chocolate-tahini is an incredible flavor combination. Like whoa. So don’t forget to dip each popsicle into rich dark chocolate, tempered with cinnamon and coconut oil to make the best ever chocolatey hard shell!
Bite into that chocolate hard shell topping and let the ridiculously sweet-creamy flavor of banana-tahini pops flood your tastebuds. Sweet, savory, chocolatey, nutty, salty and creamy. Check, check, check, check, check, check….
Then sprinkle each chocolate dipped banana tahini popsicle with pistachios and sea salt! Both give these sweet treats a little extra crunch and sparkle. I really think you’re going to love these creamy pops!
Get ready to freeze your way to one of summer’s simplest pleasures!
- 15 oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 bananas
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 6 oz. vegan dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinches of flaky sea salt (to top)
- chopped pistachios (to top)
- Place all popsicle ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. Whirl away until smooth and creamy. (Note - you may need to use a spoon to scrape down tahini that could stick to the side of the blender/food processor and continue to blend thereafter).
- Pour the popsicle mixture into 8 popsicle molds and place a popsicle stick in the center of each.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or until popsicles are firm.
- When firm and ready to eat, make the chocolate shell.
- Place dark chocolate, coconut oil and cinnamon in a medium-sized saucepan. Melt mixture over low heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently. When the mixture comes together and is melted and smooth, remove from heat and pour into a wide cup (for dipping). Allow the chocolate shell mixture to cool for about 10-15 minutes, prior to dipping popsicles.
- When ready to dip, first, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Then remove the banana-tahini popsicles from the molds by running hot water over the molds for about about 10 seconds.
- Dip each popsicle, one-at-a-time, into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle the pop with chopped pistachios and sea salt. Eat or place pops on parchment lined baking sheet for later. Freeze if not eating straight away. Enjoy!