This granola recipe is simple, lightly sweet and incredibly easy to make. Best of all, it’s packed with health promoting, plant-based protein powerhouses. (Say that three times fast!)
A recent trip to Maui has left me awestruck— not just from the sheer fact that it’s undeniably beautiful, but also from its warm, welcoming and positive spirit and incredibly fresh, farm-to-table style produce. I foresee many a future blog post inspired by my short time there! In the meantime, I have a wonderful, easy granola recipe to share with you that has helped power-up my week back from vacation.
If you’re a granola junkie like me, you may find yourself paying for expensive store bought granola more often than you should! Take control of your granola destiny with this inexpensive recipe. Flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, almonds AND hemp hearts make this your best ever throw together granola packed with protein!
Feel free to change this recipe up a bit too with whatever you may find on hand at home. This delicious granola is best kept in an airtight container and in a dry + cool place. It will keep for up to 3 weeks.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup raw, unsalted almonds (roughly chopped/sliced)
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup light agave nectar
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine melted coconut oil, agave nectar, salt and almond extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine remaining dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour agave/coconut oil mixture over dry ingredients and toss/mix to coat.
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Place in oven and turn granola every 15 minutes or so (for an hour) to create a toasty + golden granola.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container, in a cool + dry place for up to 3 weeks.