Put out punchbowl or pitcher of this festive, sophisticated and easy-to-make holiday cocktail at your next holiday party or gathering!
A signature cocktail is a must at any holiday gathering. With Thanksgiving coming up next week and Christmas just around the corner, a cocktail that was festive, unique and delicious was on my mind. This punch does it all!
I never used to be a gin gal, but after a friend introduced me to the wonders of a wonderfully herbal and limey G&T (perfect on a hot summer afternoon) I’ve been a big fan. I’ve also enjoyed well made Pimm’s Cup a time or two and immediately thought, there has to be a way to transition one of summer’s favorite spirits to the holiday season.
What’s not to like! This cocktail is simple to make and the addition of chai tea, cranberries, citrus and spices makes for a wonderfully unusual concoction. Rosemary also adds a bit of a savory flavor to this gin-based drink.
If you are looking for something that feels a bit traditional, yet is prime for party making, this punch is perfect for you! I often see rum in the spotlight during the holidays (rum cake, rum punch, etc.). Don’t let rum have all the fun!
- 10 ounces Pimms No. 1
- 10 ounces Tanqueray London Dry (or other gin of your choice)
- 48 fluid ounces ginger ale
- 8 ounces brewed chai tea (that has been cooled)
- 12 ounces orange juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- lemon and orange slices
- cranberries (frozen)
- rosemary sprigs
- ice (as needed)
- In a clean pitcher or punch bowl, combine all liquid ingredients. Mix well.
- Spike lemon and orange slices with cloves.
- Add spiked lemon, orange slices, cranberries, anise and ice (as needed) into the punch.
- Garnish punchbowl or pitcher with fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Pour into glasses.