Sinful dark chocolate decadence meets vanilla bean coconut whipped cream in these vegan dark chocolate pots de creme.
Oh, you sweet thing! Stop scouring Pinterest for hours looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert. Your easy, no-bake, delicious, dreamy, rich, decadent, chocolatey, lick-the-bowl and ask for more solution is right here.
Luxorious and creamy, these vegan dark chocolate pots de creme are more than just a romantic dessert for lovebirds. These petite pots are perfect for parties of one or for serving up to your BFFs. You’d never guess that they’re made with wholesome ingredients like soaked cashews and mind-bendingly delicious dark chocolate, instead of eggs and heavy cream.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours
- 2 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- ¼ cup light agave nectar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk, plus 1-2 tbsp as needed
- 3 oz. organic dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 can coconut cream (or
full fatcoconut milk), chilled
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
- Rinse and drain the soaked cashews.
- Place all pots de creme ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. Whirl away until mixture is smooth and creamy. For a thinner mixture, add 1-2 tbsp more of almond milk and mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into four ramekins. Chill until ready to serve (at least 30 minutes; but to really firm up, about an hour)
- Open can of coconut cream/coconut milk and scoop off only the top-most, thick layer of coconut cream, into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in powdered sugar and vanilla bean.
- Using an electric mixer, blend cream, sugar and vanilla bean together until whipped cream forms and mixture is well combined.
- Top each vegan dark chocolate pot de creme with a dollop of whipped cream when ready to serve.
No affiliate links here, just plain and simple advice. If you have access to Theo Chocolate as your chocolate of choice in this recipe, please do try!