Artichoke Melt Tartines
- 6 slices of your favorite bread
- 3/4 cup of your favorite hummus (homemade or store-bought)
- 12 oz. marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella style shreds
- flaky sea salt (as desired)
- fresh thyme leaves for sprinkling
- a drizzle or two of olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to broil. Allow time for the oven to warm (approximately 5-10 minutes) prior to toasting the tartines.
- While the oven is preheating, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the artichoke hearts from the excess marinade liquid. Roughly chop them into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Arrange the sliced bread in a single layer on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Equitably distribute the hummus atop each piece of bread. Then spoon the chopped artichoke hearts evenly between the 6 slices.
- Top each tartine with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and vegan mozzarella (evenly distribute each ingredient).
- Broil the tartines for 2-3 minutes or until the vegan mozzarella is melty and slightly brown on top. (Keep a close eye on your tartines during this step! Oven temperatures may vary.)
- Remove the tartines from the oven and top with a drizzle of olive oil, flaky sea salt and a sprinkle of thyme as desired. Enjoy!