Blue Rose Fairy Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup plant-milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp nut or seed butter of your choice
- up to 1/4 tsp Blue Majik or organic spirulina of your choice (optional)
- Banana slices, edible flowers, blueberries or whatever your heart desires!
- Add the frozen banana, frozen blueberries, nut or seed butter, plant milk, chia seeds and Blue Majik to a high-speed blender or food processor. Combine on low, pausing to scrape down the sides of the blender occasionally, and then whirling away a bit longer until the smoothie is thick and creamy. As the banana softens, the smoothie will come together more easily. Only add a splash of extra plant milk as needed, to enhance blending during this process. (Otherwise, you may end up with a thin smoothie bowl!)
- Transfer the Blue Rose Fairy Smoothie Bowl to a bowl. Add the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
- Always consult with a healthcare provider if you have questions regarding the use of spirulina and/or spirulina-derived products (like Blue Majik), e.g. pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult with a qualified healthcare provider prior to use. Although spirulina is purported to have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, some people may experience side effects such as GI upset. When in doubt, skip using Blue Majik. You will still have a lovely smoothie bowl!