Amazingly easy, this sweet breakfast treat is sure to please!
- 2 bosc pears (pealed, cored and sliced)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar if you do not have coconut)
- 2 tbsp EarthBalance Butter
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups of Cherrybrook Kitchen Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup of water + more to cover cashews
- 1 1/2 cups of cashews
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (plus more if you’d like for topping)
- a dash or two of confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- Fill a medium bowl with cashews and cover with water. Set aside while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Warm a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add EarthBalance butter and melt slightly.
- Then add pears and coconut sugar.
- Mix well, stirring frequently until pears are caramelized (about 8 minutes).
- Add lemon juice and sprinkle cinnamon over the top of the pears.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Cherrybrook Kitchen Pancake & Waffle mix, almond milk, vanilla extract and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Pour pancake batter over the pears in the cast iron skillet. Use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let oven pancake cool for at least 15 minutes.
Maple-Cashew Whipped Cream
- Drain soaked cashews and place in a food processor or blender. Add maple syrup and 1/4 cup of water.
- Cut vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape seeds. Place the seeds in the food processor/blender.
- Whirl away until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Take a bread knife and follow the pancake along the edges and around the cast-iron skillet to loosen.
- Flip skillet over on a cutting board to turn pancake fruit-side up.
- Slide pancake back into skillet to serve.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Slice pancake and serve topped with maple-cashew whipped cream + maple syrup.