- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 kosher pickles, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced lengthwise
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp Just Mayo
- 3 tsp freshly chopped dill
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce, cleaned and rinsed
- cherry tomatoes (optional garnish)
- In a large bowl, smash the chickpeas with a potato masher or a fork.
- Add in the celery, red onion, pickles, grapes and pecans until well combined.
- Add the dill and fold in the mayo, lemon juice and dijon mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the chickpea salad into lettuce cups and garnish with fresh cherry tomatoes as desired.
Chickpea salad can be made a couple of days ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Prior to serving, assemble lettuce cups as needed.