- 1 medium-sized apple, cored
- 1 lemon, peel removed
- 1 navel orange, peel removed
- 2 blood oranges, peels removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- cayenne pepper, optional
- Juice all ingredients.
- Pour juice into a small saucepan. Heat juice over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm with a dash of cayenne pepper.
If you do not have a juicer, blend all ingredients (except for cayenne) in a powerful, high-speed blender. (You may have to add a bit of water to get things moving.) Strain the juice from the plant-pulp using a nut milk bag or sieve.
If you like a sweeter taste, you may wish to add a drizzle of maple syrup to the juice.
You may also drink this juice cold, although the warmth of the heated juice feels wonderful on a sore throat.