‘Tis the season for gingerbread popcorn! This sweet + spicy holiday treat is quite addicting and sure to go fast!
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Butter (or butter of your choice)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 14 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium/low heat – add the molasses, brown sugar, butter, maple syrup and spices + salt. Do not boil. Stir frequently until butter is melted.
- Place popped popcorn and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover with molasses mixture and coat well.
- Divide popcorn mixture between two cookie sheets and bake for 5 minutes.
- Let popcorn cool.