Sweet corn, peaches and mild poblano peppers star in this easy summer salad topped with a creamy avocado-cilantro dressing.
- 4–5 ears of grilled corn, husks and silk removed and kernels cut from ears (I added freshly squeezed lime juice, a bit of olive oil, salt and smoked paprika to the corn prior to grilling. Grilling time will vary but corn will probably need to cook for about 20–25 minutes on a hot, covered grill. Be sure to turn the corn every 5 minutes or so.)
- 4 fresh, ripe peaches cut in half, pits removed and grilled (Grill for about 3 minutes and put peaches cut side down.)
- 1 large poblano pepper, grilled, skin and seeds removed and cut into “rajas” or strips (Grill poblano over direct heat/flame, turning evenly. Once grilled wrap poblano in a wet paper towel and let sit for a few minutes until skin easily peels off.)
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, washed and sliced in half
- As much fresh lettuce, kale or other leafy green of your choice.
- Lime wedges for extra zest.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup of cilantro (washed and stems removed)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 ripe avocado (skin and pit removed)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp agave
- 1/4 cup water
- Add as much lettuce as you’d like to make your salad base. Top salad with freshly grilled corn kernels, peaches, cherry tomatoes and poblano pepper rajas (strips).
- Shower the salad with extra lime juice as you wish from lime wedges.
- Blend all ingredients except for the water in a food processor or blender first. Then add water to thin dressing and blend as desired.
- Dress your salad with as much or as little dressing as you’d like. (I was in love with this dressing so I used almost all of it right up!)