- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 tsp dried lavender (culinary grade)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups of coconut milk yogurt (or another dairy-free yogurt of your choice)
- 4 Black Mission figs
- granola, store-bought or homemade
- Frozen berries, other fruit, mint and lavender sprigs to top!
Lavender Chia Seed Pudding
- In a high-speed blender combine almond milk, dates and dried lavender. Whirl away for about 1 minute. Using a fine mesh strainer (or nut milk bag), strain the dates and lavender buds from the almond milk. You will be left with a creamy lavender-almond milk free of residue.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the chia seeds. Pour the lavender-almond milk over the top and stir well to combine. Cover chia seed pudding with a clean kitchen towel and set aside for 15 minutes (but be sure to stir every 5 minutes or so to avoid clumping).
- Prepare the figs. Remove stems and cut a few fig slices (no need to peel the skins; they are edible). Divide the slices and evenly press them against two mason jars or glasses using the back of a spoon or your fingers.
- Layer spoonfuls of the lavender chia seed pudding on the bottom of each glass. Then add a layer of the coconut milk yogurt to each glass. Alternate, adding a few more spoonfuls of chia seed pudding followed by coconut milk yogurt until you reach the top. (There’s no right way to layer! Have fun and layer as you wish!)
- Refrigerate parfaits overnight.
- In the morning, top each parfait with granola, frozen berries (or other fruit as desired), mint and/or lavender sprigs.