Mango Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large, ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1/2 cup cashews (any variety will do), roughly chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked, shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped (plus extra for topping)
- 1 tbsp, plus 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp fine grain salt
- 1 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened, plain cashew milk yogurt
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- butter lettuce leaves for wrapping
- mango quinoa salad for filling
- curry dressing for topping
- Make the curry dressing. Combine the salt and lemon juice in a small food processor or blender. Blend for a second or two to dissolve the salt. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and blend until well combined. Pour the curry dressing into a glass jar and set it aside to rest.*
- Make the mango quinoa salad. In a large bowl, toss together the cooked quinoa, diced mango, sliced scallions, chopped cashews, red cabbage, edamame and cilantro.
- Assemble the lettuce wraps. Fill butter lettuce leaves with scoops of quinoa mango salad. Top with fresh cilantro and curry dressing as desired. Enjoy!
- * Let the curry dressing stand for 20-30 minutes to marry the flavors. The dressing can also be made in advance and chilled in the refrigerator until ready to use. The dressing will thicken when chilled; add a little water to thin as needed. For more dressing, double the recipe.
- I used frozen, in-shell edamame for this recipe because that’s what I had on hand. To cook: Add frozen, in-shell edamame to lightly salted, boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until the beans are bright green and tender. Drain and rinse pods in cold water, then shell.
- Prepare (e.g. soak, rinse, etc.) and cook the quinoa per your preferred method.