- 2 cups of cooked rice or quinoa (cook to package directions)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small to medium sized golden beet (rinsed, scrubbed and roughly julienned, e.g. chopped into short, thin strips)
- 1 medium sized sweet potato (rinsed, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
- 1 bunch of kale (about 10 leaves, rinsed and torn into small pieces)
- 15 oz can of cooked chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (cleaned)
- sea salt to taste
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- salt to taste
- water to thin as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Toss the chopped sweet potato in olive oil and add a pinch or two of salt as desired.
- Place sweet potato on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until potato is browned and crisp. (You may wish to move/toss the sweet potato around a bit half-way through cooking.)
- Make the dressing by placing all dressing ingredients in a food processor (except for water and salt) and blend until smooth, but with a bit of texture. Do not completely puree.
- Add water to dressing as needed to thin to desired consistency. Add salt to taste.
- Assemble your Nurture Me Bowls by dividing the rice/quinoa evenly between bowls.
- Top with kale, roasted sweet potato, chickpeas and beets. Add cilantro and a sprinkle of salt as desired.
- Drizzle bowls with carrot-ginger tahini dressing and enjoy!