A delicious take on a childhood favorite—Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies!
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 Earth Balance Vegan Margarine
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 1/3 c gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of raisins soaked in rum
- 1 1/2 cup of vegan marshmallows
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance Vegan Margarine
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
- Put raisins in a small bowl and cover with rum. Let them soak as long as you’d like. The longer the better! You can also forgo the raisins all together or opt for booze free raisins!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Make the flax egg and set aside.
- Cream the Earth Balance and coconut oil together with the brown sugar (about 2 minutes).
- Add almond extract, flax egg, coconut milk and maple syrup. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the “wet ingredients”slowly + mix together.
- Drain the rum from the raisins + add fold the raisins into the cookie mixture.
- Put tbsps of cookie dough on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Makes about 12 cookies.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to finish cooling once baked.
- Place all ingredients into a sauce pan on low heat and stir until marshmallows are soft and melty and ingredients are well combined.
- Place cooled cookies “face down” on parchment paper (in pairs).
- Spoon creme filling (about 1-2 spoonfuls) on one cookie half.
- Sandwich the other cookie and viola! You have the perfect little treat!
Adapted from here