- 1 butternut squash (peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4 inch cubes)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp harissa (can substitute for 1 tbsp chili powder here)
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can of black beans (drained, rinsed and warmed with 1 tsp of ground cumin)
- 1/2 small head of purple/red cabbage (rinsed and chopped)
- corn tortillas (warmed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- juice of two limes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, coat the butternut squash cubes with olive oil, maple syrup, harissa, allspice, pepper and salt.
- Place squash on a large baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes (or until soft and browned).
- While the squash is roasting, make the avocado crema.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and whirl away until smooth. Set crema aside.
- Coat pepitas with olive oil, salt and cayenne. The toast in a skillet (cast iron preferred) for about 2 minutes. Pepitas will burn very quickly, so be sure to keep an eye on them!
- Fill warmed corn tortillas with roasted squash and black beans. Add cabbage, pepitas and a healthy drizzle of avocado crema on top. Enjoy!