- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup rooibos tea (cooled to room temperature)
- 1 tbsp unrefined virgin coconut oil
Rooibos Chai Tea Filling
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight and drained
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup rooibos tea (cooled to room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Loose-leaf rooibos tea
- Cinnamon and nutmeg to sprinkle
- Pecan halves
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 11″ x 7″ baking pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Add all crust ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and whirl away until the dough begins to come together. Don’t grind into a paste! It’s okay if the dough has a few smaller pieces of walnuts, dates and/or pecans left.
- Evenly press the dough into the bottom of the square pan using your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes, remove from heat and let crust cool to room temperature.
- While the crust is cooling, add all filling ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Whirl away until smooth and creamy.
- Poor rooibos chai tea filling evenly over the crust. Use a spatula as needed to smooth out the filling.
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer for 4 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove the cheesecake from the freezer and cut into small squares (roughly makes about 24 squares).
- Sprinkle loose-leaf rooibos tea over the top, along with dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg and pecan halves.
- Serve immediately or let defrost (about 15 minutes) to room temperature for a softer bite.