Get hydrated with this incredible, refreshing whole fruit energy drink.
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- juice of 2 limes
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- Place strawberries and water in a food processor and whirl away (for about 45 seconds).
- Strain this mixture through a fine mesh strainer, separating the strawberry pulp from the juice.
- Place the strawberry juice in a large pitcher.
- Add lime juice, agave, chia seeds a remaining water.
- Mix well and allow the chia fresca to sit in the fridge for about an hour (to chill and to allow the chia seeds to gel a bit more).
You may also substitute coconut water for the water in this recipe for extra hydration and flavor! I also like to pour 1/2 a cup of sparkling water mixed with 1/2 cup of chia fresca when I’m feeling fancy.
You may also wish to save the strawberry pulp and use to make ice cubes! Just set the pulp into ice cube molds and freeze for 1-2 hours.