Fuel your day the delicious way with these no-bake, super matcha and chocolate orange energy bites. Packed with protein, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, load ’em up for on-the-go munching.
Snack-o-holics, rejoice! Green tea + citrus + chocolate is a “matcha” made in heaven. Portable and petite, these all-natural energy bites made with wholesome, clean ingredients are the perfect fuel for your busy day. Because let’s get real. Store-bought energy bars can pack more than just a few unmentionable preservatives (not to mention a hefty price!). Why not make your own?
Next time you’re in need of an afternoon nibble, perk up and zen out with super matcha and chocolate orange energy bites. Did you know matcha powdered green tea has about 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea? Matcha also touts metabolism boosting effects, while naturally calming the mind and relaxing the body. And then there’s all that delicious dark chocolate, of which regular intake is associated with better cognitive performance and lower blood pressure. What a powerhouse combo!
Let’s not forget about the vibrant, blood orange juice and zest. A wonderful compliment to the earthiness of matcha. Dates give these nibbles a bit of sweetness while almond and flax meal pack protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Even in the most hangry of situations, these little treats are sure to satisfy.
With just a few ingredients standing in the way of your mid-day bliss, what are you waiting for? Delicious and easy to make, super matcha and chocolate orange energy bites offer clarity, satiety and powerful energy. Enjoy!Print
- 12 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp blood orange zest
- 1 small blood orange, juiced
- matcha powder, for rolling
- If dates are hard, soak them in warm water for 5-10 minutes before using them.
- Otherwise, place dates, dark chocolate, salt, flax and almond meal in a food processor and mix until the ingredients come together when pressed.
- Add the blood orange juice, zest and vanilla extract to the mixture. Lightly pulse to mix.
- Roll energy bite mixture into 10 balls.
- Roll the bites around in matcha powder to coat.