Green Curry Base
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1, 13.6 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1–2 tbsp green curry paste (adjust to your liking)
- 2 tbsp low-sodium tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp organic dark brown sugar, coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp lime juice
Quick Pan-Toasted Tofu
- 7 oz. store-bought savory baked tofu (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 cup broccoli or broccolini florets
- a handful of pea shoots
- lime zest
- Shave the asparagus into long ribbons using a y-peeler or shaver. Reserve the asparagus tips and set the ribbons aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a medium-sized Dutch oven or stockpot. Add the garlic and ginger, sauteeing for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the coconut milk, green curry paste, Garam Masala and sugar to the pot. Bring the Triple Green, Triple Pow curry base to a gentle simmer over medium to medium-low heat for 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently, reducing the heat when necessary and making sure the paste dissipates into the coconut milk. During the last two minutes of cooking, add in the asparagus tips and broccoli florets. Remove the pot from the heat, and gently stir in the lime juice. Add more lime juice to taste as desired. Cover the curry base to keep it warm while you prepare the tofu.
- Cut each piece of baked tofu in half, and then into triangles along a diagonal, or cube them as you wish. Warm 1/2 tbsp sesame oil in a skillet and pan-toast the tofu for 1-2 minutes on each side (top and bottom). Remove the tofu from the heat and set aside.
- Divide the tofu triangles between bowls and ladle the curry base around it. Divide the asparagus ribbons between bowls, top with pea shoots and lime zest as desired. Enjoy!
- Make this recipe your own! Swap out pea shoots for microgreens, etc.